|Revision||4||Approved By||Tom Haynes|
|Approved Date||01/03/2021||Review Date||2023|
The name of the body is East Galway & Midlands Cancer Support CLG.
To benefit the Community of East Galway, the Midlands, and its environs through the provision and operation of a Cancer Support Service, which aims to assist and support anyone affected by cancer by providing a listening service, information, counselling and complementary therapies.
In furtherance exclusively of the foregoing main object, the body shall have the following subsidiary objects: To raise funds to achieve the main objectives.
To the extent that the same is essentially or ancillary to the promotion of the main object of the body as heretofore set out the body may exercise the following powers:
- Organise fund raising events and apply for grants.
- The members of the board can use funds to lease or buy a premises considered suitable, the signatories to be the officers of the board.
All volunteers and Board, Executive Board: Elected at AGM and to comprise a maximum of 9 people. AGM to be held annually.
No Officer can be an employee of the company or be in receipt of any remuneration for it.
Income and Property
The income and property of the body, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its main object as set forth in this Constitution.
No portion of the body’s income and property shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the body.
No officer shall be appointed to any office of the body paid by salary or fees, or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth from the body.
However, nothing shall prevent any payment in good faith by the body of:
- Reasonable and proper remuneration to any member of the body (not being an Officer) for any services rendered to the body.
- Interest at a rate not exceeding 5% per annum on money lent by Officers or other members of the body, to the body.
- Reasonable and proper rent for premises demised and let by any member of the body (including any Officer) to the body.
- Reasonable and proper out-of-pocket expenses incurred by any Officer in connection with their attendance to any matter affecting the body.
- Fees, remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth to any Company, of which an officer may be a member holding not more than one hundredth part of the issued capital of such Company.
If upon the winding up or dissolution of the body there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, it shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the body.
Instead, such property shall be given or transferred to some other charitable institution or institutions having main objects similar to the main objects of the body.
The institution or institutions to which the property is to be given or transferred shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property amongst its or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the body under or by virtue of Clause 6 hereof.
Members of the body shall select the relevant institution or institutions at or before the time of dissolution, and if and so far as effect cannot be given to such provisions, then the property shall be given or transferred to some charitable object.
Additions, alterations or amendments:
No addition, alteration or amendment shall be made to or in the provisions of this Constitution for the time being in force unless the same shall have been previously approved in writing by the Revenue Commissioners.
Keeping of Accounts
Annual accounts shall be kept and made available to the Revenue Commissioners on request.