EGM Cancer Support
Support for the community
We provide a safe, warm and caring environment to provide physical, practical,
MORE ABOUT US
We provide a wide range of support to our clients
We are passionate about education
We offer a vast range of complementary therapies.
GET INVOLVED WHERE IT MATTERS
Connect with us and make a real difference in the life of those in need.
Your generosity makes our work possible whether you contribute financially or as an advocate for good.
Support IS EVERYTHING
Our Centre aims to address the needs of its clients, whatever those needs may be. We can achieve this because many of our volunteers have been through similar experiences and as a result are empathetic to those currently battling with cancer.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
East Galway & Midlands Cancer Support, formed in 2012, is a non-profit charitable organisation which provides a network of psychological, emotional and practical support for those diagnosed with cancer.
We have multiple Counsellors, as well as therapists specialising in complementary treatments working with us on a day-to-day basis. Our centre would not exist without the commitment and dedication of our staff and amazing volunteers.
The number of people attending weekly has now reached 200+. All the support we offer is free of charge. We have also become a member of the European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) which gives us both a political and medical voice in Europe. We provide a full-time drop-in Centre as well as a 24-hour phone service.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
MAKE A DONATION
Your generosity makes our work possible. Whether you contribute financially or as an advocate for good.
START A FUNDraiser
If you, your family, or friends would like to do a fundraiser for us please click below.
Shop with us
If you would like to support us and buy some pre-loved clothes in the process have a look in our shop.
OUR LATEST ACTIVITY
- Can-REACTCan React is a personalised exercise programme that is tailored to the individual, their current fitness and their needs.
- Empowering Women in Menopause: A Virtual Educational TalkTitle: “Empowering Women in Menopause: A Virtual Educational Talk” Summary: East Galway & Midlands Cancer Support was excited to present … Read more
- World Gynecologic Oncology DayOvarian, uterine, cervix and other gynecological cancers are among the most common cancers affecting women, but collectively attract less attention than they deserve from the public and policy makers. Women themselves may be unaware of the sometime vague symptoms or may be too embarrassed to consult a doctor.
- World Ovarian Cancer Day 20224 out of 5 women in Ireland not confident in noticing a symptom of Ovarian Cancer • New research from the Irish Network of Gynaecological Oncology highlights lack of awareness of symptoms of Ovarian Cancer • Over 75% of patients present with late-stage disease, partly due to the vagueness of symptoms and the similarity with other conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) • Thirty of Ireland’s foremost gynaecological cancer campaigners, researchers and patient advocates come together to highlight BEAT – the symptoms of ovarian cancer
- GO RelaunchOn the 8th March 2022 we were delighted to have Sharon O’Toole and Yvonne O’Meara present to give a talk on Gynae Oncology Cancers and the new ThisIsGO platform.The talk was broadcast over Zoom for those who were not able to attend and the speakers gave their permission for it to be recorded.
- Laura Brennan‘Laura Brennan The Voice’ Tribute Documentary broadcasted on Clare FM, 21st March 2022. Produced by Padraic Flaherty, Clare FM’s Programme Director.
in 2023 WE HAD
Clients availed of our daily Transport Service
Clients availed of our monthly Post Mastectomy Care Clinic